The Utah Idaho Southern Baptist Convention's geographical area is continuing to experience rapid population growth. The population is now over 4.6 million people. The 2020 goal we have for starting new churches calls for us to be able to start over 140 new churches. Our goal is to reach 1% of the population of the two states by 2020. We believe that God wants us to be a part of helping to fulfill the Great Commission. We believe God when He told us to go and we are believing He will assist us in this by helping us with new church plants due to the continued growth in the population. We need new language and ethnic churches and different styles of ministries in order to reach the lostness of our assigned area. We want you to understand the context of our area in Utah and Idaho and to know that there are many contexts that a person could encounter in coming here to do God’s will. We will help you fulfill your call to serve the Lord, along with the North American Mission Board, so that we can develop adequate strategies and partnerships for you as an individual, a potential church sponsor, or as an association to plant new and healthy reproducing Southern Baptist churches.
Here is how we can assist you!
- Provide financial resources for starting new churches.
- Provide training resources such as “How to Become a Church Plant Sponsor”.
- Assist your church in doing a probe of your community to discover unreached people groups.
- Assist your church to become a prayer partner or encouragement partner to a new church start.
- Provide training to new church planters such as Church Planter Basic Training.
- Provide a network for church planters to fellowship for coaching, mentoring, and support.
- Provide consultations from Convention Missionaries so as to assist in the proper development of strategy and partnership in church planting.
Interested in church starting in a NAMB Send City? Click here for information on starting churches in the Salt Lake region of Utah!