The Utah Idaho Southern Baptist Convention geographical area is experiencing rapid population growth. The population is now over 4 million people and yet only 14% of the people within both states have been reached with the Gospel. We believe that God will inspire the need for new church plants due to population growth, new language and ethnic groups, and the need for different styles of ministries in order to reach the unchurched of our region. By assisting you in understanding the context of Utah and Idaho, together with the North American Mission Board, we can develop strategies and partnerships for your church or association to plant new and healthy reproducing churches.
How can we assist you in church planting?
- Provide financial resources for starting new churches.
- Provide training resources such as “How to Become a Church Plant Sponsor”.
- Assist your church to probe your community to discover unreached people groups.
- Assist your church to become a prayer partner or encouragement partner to a new church start in your region.
- Provide training to new church planters such as Church Planter Basic Training.
- Provide the church planter a network fellowship for mentoring and support.
- Provide consultation from state staff to assist in the development of strategies and partnerships in the area of church planting.
Interested in church starting in a NAMB Send City? Click here for information on starting churches in the Salt Lake region of Utah!